This week?s featured application comes to us from Steve Strachan of Central Coast Playgrounds. The project was for Peoples Self Help, a Non Profit affordable housing company and this site was located in Casa De Las Flores in Carpinteria, Calif.
According to Steve, ?We have been doing their playground/site furnishings for almost 15 years now. Two years ago I convinced them to utilize Synthetic Turf for the playground surfacing. This is the fourth site that has STI products.?
As everyone knows California is in a serious drought, leading many home owners and businesses to choose synthetic turf. On this project they eliminated all grass and went with turf.
Natural grass needs significant upkeep and requires copious amounts of water in order to in order to maintain a healthy appearance and feel. Synthetic turf does not require any of the typical lawn maintenance like mowing, watering or seeding.
Playground sites have a large amount of traffic day in and day out. Clients love the SoftLawn EZ Play®, and by looking at the list below it is easy to see why.
Advantages of SoftLawn® Playground
- IPEMA Certified Safety Surface Systems
- Soft and safe for kids with fall zone safety ratings to 12?
- ADA/ABA accessible play surfaces
- Virtually maintenance free
- Lush natural look and fresh cut appearance
- Eliminates grass and other environmental allergies
- No need for harmful chemicals, fertilizers or pesticides
- Easy to clean and keep clean unlike other alternatives
- Consistent performance over long periods of time and use
- Promotes sensory development